In this Talk, Chandana Chakrabarti explained, rationally and scientifically, why astrology cannot foretell the future.
PS : This talk has no video.
Ms Chakrabarti, Director, Sukriti, a consultancy organisation, was for a decade with the CCMB, Hyderabad, an internationally renowned basic research laboratory of the CSIR.
With over a 100 major articles published in well-known magazines, newspapers and books published in India and abroad, she wrote a weekly column for Deccan Chronicle. She has co-authored two books titled, “The Saga of Indian Science since Independence: In a Nutshell” published by Universities Press, and “Angels, Devil and Science” published by National Book Trust.
As a social activist, she is the Convenor of The MARCH, a voluntary organisation based in Hyderabad, whose efforts have led to the setting up of a national system of accreditation of diagnostic laboratories to ensure quality and reliability, and the national guidelines for accreditation of infertility clinics.
Widely travelled in India and abroad as an invited participant and speaker at major international meetings, she represented India at the World Youth Leadership Summit held at the UN Headquarters in New York in 1995.
She has anchored several nationally telecast television programmes and has been compering a wide variety of programmes relating to industry, science, art and culture. She has been a part of the visiting faculty of various organisations imparting training in communication skills and etiquette. She has been intimately involved with Children’s Film Society of India in organizing the International Children’s Film festivals in Hyderabad. She was recently rated as being one of the ten most talented women in the State of Andhra Pradesh.
She has also acted in several feature films and telefilms, including 2004’s blockbuster Telugu film “Anand”, “Vikramarkudu” and so on.
She has been associated with many other premier bodies:
• National Knowledge Commission, Government of India
• Member, Third World Academy of Women Scientists
• Fellow, World Academy of Art and Science
• Member, Animal Ethics Committee, CCMB, Hyderabad
• Member, Sexual Harassment Committee, Taj Group of Hotels, Hyderabad
• Member, Medical Ethics Committee, Durgabai Deshmukh Hospital, Hyderabad
• Trustee, Sambhavna Trust, Bhopal
• Member, Executive Council, Pakistan India People’s Forum For Peace and Development, Hyderabad
• Member, Sexual Harassment Committee, Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad